Faramir: The enemy? His sense of duty was no less than yours, I deem. You wonder what his name is, where he came from, and if he was really evil at heart. What lies or threats led him on this long march from home. If he would not rather have stayed there in peace.
Éomer: Now is the hour, Riders of Rohan, oaths you have taken! Now, fulfill them all! To Lord and Land!
Gandalf: I am a servant of the secret fire, weilder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not availl you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the shadow. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!
Gimli: I have taken my worst wound at this parting, having looked my last upon that which is fairest. Ah, henceforth I will call nothing fair unless it be her gift to me.
Legolas: What was her gift?
Gimli: I asked her for one hair from her golden head. She gave me three.
Aragorn: Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the Age of Men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!
Gimli: Never thought I’d die fighting side by side with an elf.
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?
Gimli: Aye. I could do that.
Aragorn: For Frodo.
Sam: Do you remember the Shire, Mister Frodo? It’ll be spring soon, and the Orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket and they’ll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields. And eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?
Frodo: No, Sam, I can’t recall the taste of food. Nor the sound of water. Or the touch of grass. I’m naked in the dark. There’s nothing, no veil between me and the wheel of fire! I can see him with my waking eyes!
Sam: Then let us be rid of it, once and for all! Come on, Mister Frodo. I can’t carry it for you, but I can carry you! Come on!
Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
Frodo: I can’t do this, Sam.
Sam: I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here! But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end, because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was, when so much bad had happened? But in the end it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it’ll shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folks in those stories had lots of chances in turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going…because they were holding onto something.
Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
Sam: That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.
- mihoriel likes this
- ab-circle-pro likes this
- cardetailingcharlotte likes this
- accutane-lawsuit likes this
- singingmacabre reblogged this from brocreate and added:
- singingmacabre likes this
- kisyovaaa likes this
- shez-xo reblogged this from fuckyeahlordoftherings
- orangeillusion likes this
- iamnoman- reblogged this from fuckyeahlordoftherings
- thagirlwhocan likes this
- faerlain likes this
- roaringlannisters likes this
- vulgarword-cuteword likes this
- savannahmbrown reblogged this from fuckyeahlordoftherings
- savannahmbrown likes this
- munchandmosh likes this
- unfollowthisbitch likes this
- amaranthinehaze likes this
- hypedpsyche reblogged this from bebrave-bekind
- kissofhope likes this
- asthedaysgobylifehappenss likes this
- cancer-moon likes this
- knitgrimshaw reblogged this from sisterspock and added:
- sleepingchild likes this
- crookedcateyes reblogged this from hauntedsilhouette and added:
- whimsandfancythings likes this
- neveranotherbutme reblogged this from sisterspock
- sharpiescanfly reblogged this from itsachipndip
- captainmander reblogged this from itsachipndip and added:
- itsachipndip likes this
- livicusandronicus likes this
- sevenplusminustwo likes this
- fenriir likes this
- jaqen-off likes this
- horrorharbour likes this
- whereiskirstie likes this
- commanderspock likes this
- soy likes this
- do-nothing reblogged this from fuckyeahlordoftherings
- coffeebooksandfriends reblogged this from phirbhidilhaiemirati
- frecklefaces likes this
- d-racos likes this
- ourmountainsarewaiting likes this
- lifeduring-wartime reblogged this from fuckyeahlordoftherings
- lilybaeum reblogged this from fuckyeahlordoftherings
- invisiblemadevisible reblogged this from hotpotofcoffee and added:
- milkradio likes this
- herthen likes this